Established in August 2011, stillbirthday provides the most comprehensive, globally accessible, dual training program of its kind, combining a complete birth doula preparation program with an intensive bereavement doula training. Upon successful completion of our course and earning the SBD credentials, you will be capable of providing support for birth in any outcome and in any trimester.
If you are already an established birth professional, you can strengthen these skills you may or may not have acquired through other birth professional organizations. You also have an opportunity to earn 30 nursing contact hours. This is an entirely online course, that is easily accessible to any SBD student.
Through stillbirthday, you can earn globally respected credentials
in birth & bereavement support.
Join us at Stillbirthday University
Registration is always open and you can register now. A maximum 20 students are enrolled per session. Once a session is full, registration becomes applied toward the next available session. Alternately, if you know in advance that a particular session will work better for you, you can register for that session. Please visit our class roster at Stillbirthday University to see the available seats for our upcoming sessions.
2014 session schedule:
- (session 1) January 6 to March 28
- (session 2) April 7 to June 27.
- (session 3) July 7 to September 26.
- (session 4) October 6 to December 26.
Experts from multiple disciplines in birth and bereavement care have found the SBD training to be the best, the most comprehensive training on all subjects within birth and bereavement.
This is both a group and independent course. You’ll have 12 weeks to complete 8 weeks of study. You’ll have opportunities to engage in multiple ways with fellow students depending on your own preferences. You’ll study provided class materials and submit a correlating open book exam for each of the 8 chapters of materials. This allows each training session to have approximately 12 weeks to accomplish your 8 weeks of training, to give a full 4 weeks room for vacations, struggling students or life events.
In addition to completing the 8 week online course, two book reviews and a community project will be completed by each student, by 6 months from the start of class – you can even get a head start now if you’d like (please click our book review list for our most updated and expanded reading list).
Click here to learn more about our doula class information, including the community project.
You can click to view or print the Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula Training promotional material, for yourself, or to give to any of your medical providers:
Who should take this class:
This class has been endorsed by the most well known natural childbirth advocates and by obstetricians alike. Providing the most information in the most learnable format at the most affordable price, the stillbirthday birth and bereavement doula training program is right for:
- any prospective doula as well as any seasoned birth professional
- any mother and any bereaved mother wanting to provide support to others experiencing childbirth including loss
- any birth professional including OB/GYN, ER staff, EMT, ultrasound technician, nurse, midwife, monitrice, doula, who is seeking to gain a deeper understanding of how to provide comprehensive care to patients/clients prior to, during and after pregnancy/infant loss (print the promotional materials for any medical provider you have). Birth and bereavement is interwoven into every aspect of the course, which means any lesson that would be familiar to you is looked at through the SBD paradigm and absorbed in an entirely new, holistic way.
- any professional specializing in palliative or bereavement care including chaplains, social workers, and funeral staff
- if your class hasn’t begun yet and you’re serving a family enduring loss, you might visit our Loved Ones page for ideas now on how to support your client.
If you an already established birth professional and are concerned that the enormity of the official training is more than you can commit to, you might consider our professionals workshops, where you can choose a 7 day virtual workshop or 1 day in-person workshop with Heidi Faith.
Click here to learn the history, the value and the role of a stillbirthday birth and bereavement doula.
What you will learn:
The class itself is interactive, with weekly reading materials and group participation. Your fellow classmates will challenge you, the course will educate you, and the fellowship will inspire you. You will remain a part of an online interactive group of your peers, long after your class is over, with fellow SBD students and professionals.
You will gain a solid understanding of pregnancy, birth, birth emergencies and pregnancy and infant loss. The SBD birth and bereavement training draws from the best tools available in birth education, positive birth outcomes, birth emergencies, thanatology, palliative care, application of skills, and professional development and support, to equip you in understanding why and how these broad subjects are intricately connected.
Because of the unique design of our training, you can complete the requirements within your lifestyle and schedule. The materials and communications remain open in our private classroom and can be completed at your own pace within the weekly timeframes.
Click here to learn more about the subjects we’ll explore and what you’ll do in our training - as well as our most commonly asked questions by prospective doula students.
SBD Student Support:
There is just so many wonderful things to say about what our birth and bereavement training brings to you. If you are thinking about enrolling in a training for any aspect of birth and bereavement, I strongly encourage you to read about our SBD Student Support, which outlines our commitment to you, our refund policy and our high standards of professionalism. You can also read more about the benefits of training with stillbirthday.
As an SBD Graduate:
The SBD credential is Still Birth Day abbreviated, certifies you as a Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula, and represents Supporting Birth Diversity. This means that you are certified as a birth doula, and certified as a bereavement doula.
Earning the SBD credentials:
- means you will be prepared to provide support to families experiencing any birth outcome and provide support for birth in any trimester.
- means you’ll be certified as a “real doula” who has far superior knowledge in the most subjects pertaining to pregnancy, birth, postpartum and bereavement.
- makes birth and bereavement support training accessible and inviting to medical and birth professionals.
- makes birth and bereavement support training accessible to mothers who simply want to support their peers.
- means you are a part of a professional, reputable resource and team dedicated to providing support to families.
- means your listing at the site will be in a highly noticeable location complete with profile photo (optional) and a short description of yourself.
- places you within our online group that encourages fellowship, continued education, and ongoing social, professional and educational benefits.
- means that you can access professional mentorship through the duration of your career.
- provides exclusive discounts on valuable supplies as a birth & bereavement doula.
- provides a platform for advancement as an SBD Regional Representative, SBD Chaplain, a member of our SBD Diversity Team or becoming an authorized stillbirthday workshop presenter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Again, visit this link to see even more reasons to join SBD!
Who teaches this class:
Heidi Faith, the founder of stillbirthday, teaches this class.
Click here to learn about the class instructor.
Enjoy competetive pricing!
The price for this double certifying, credentialing training course is only $250.00 USD
You can even choose to enroll today, and not actually complete your tuition payment until after you graduate and start professionally serving clients (through PayPal’s US residents Bill Me Later program).
Scholarships & Discounts:
- Gift Certificates are a wonderful way for your loved ones to encourage your education and support your vision. Not only can they go toward the tuition, but also toward our exclusive doula shop or other SBD items!
- View our Scholarship opportunities.
- Add your name to our student sponsorship listing.
- If you will be the first credentialed SBD doula in your state or country, you can select the “CCD or partner” networking payment option below, and save $150 on registration. Just use our Find a Doula page first to confirm that you’ll be the first credentialed SBD doula in your area. If your state or country page does not begin with a listing of a name or names with SBD behind them, then you’ll be the first and you can use this savings opportunity!
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Missouri Nurses Association,
an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A list of participants, including addresses and contact hours, will be forwarded to the MONA office upon completion of the training.
Many of our doula graduates go on to build partnerships or networks within their communities, and they are seeking more doulas to build their team. If you are enrolling in the SBD doula program so that you can build onto their team, please enter in their unique networking code in your enrollment form below. Additionally, the SBD doula training is only the beginning of what I desire to be an ongoing professional relationship with you. Perhaps you will be the one to begin a growing doula network in your own community! Ways to get one started are discussed in the training.
Once you are enrolled, you can enjoy the SBD University Student logo at the very top of this page to add to your blog, website or social media page.
Upon successful completion of the SBD birth & bereavement doula training & certification program, you’ll receive permission to bear the official SBD doula logo, among many other benefits.
Get Enrolled Today!
Enrollment is open year-round. Register today for the next class!
Step One: Complete Tuition
Step Two: Student Enrollment Information
You will need to complete both steps above in order to enroll. There is no need to send in your Student Enrollment Information (step two) prior to or without completing your tuition (step one).
After you’ve completed the fields above, you will be automatically redirected to our welcome letter, which includes your receipt and registration information. If paypal does not redirect, please email Heidi.email@example.com so I can be sure to give that to you.
Ruth c/o Heidi Faith
101 NW 99th St. Kansas City MO 64155
The site creator reserves the right at any time to refuse admittance into the program for any reason, and there are no refunds for the training because it is immediately invested into the many services we provide globally - please view our SBD Student Support. You’ll be automatically directed to our student welcome letter once your tuition is complete.
See how you can support a family as a Stillbirthday Birth and Bereavement Doula: