This giveaway is now closed.
If you are following us on Facebook, you’ll know that we’re offering a giveaway! Our objective with having a Facebook page is to lead families directly here, to stillbirthday, not the other way around, but if you’re already on Facebook, I invite you to find the stillbirthday page. By the way, stillbirthday is also on Twitter.
While we provide support during the actual, physical birth of babies born in any trimester, and we provide support at any time afterward, including bereavement support, it is also important to provide trusted information regarding prevention of infant loss, and we work to lead you to the resources that provide the most trustworthy information regarding prevention, while also having the sensitivity to honor the feelings of blame and guilt that families who’ve already endured loss may feel as they learn about prevention information.
One such organization is Cora’s Story, who shares information regarding congenital heart defects and prevention, including pulse oximetry testing for newborns, after the first 24 hours after birth.
To help you remember “pulse oximetry at +24 hours”, once we reached 2,500 “likes” at our Facebook page, we decided to run a giveaway of an Angel Heartbeat Bear. The winner can use this for:
- her own pregnancy, particularly if she’s carrying to term a baby with a fatal diagnosis
- after her baby has been born, to record special words of love
- as a gift for someone else
To enter in the giveaway:
- If you are already on Facebook, “tag” the stillbirthday page and the Cora’s Story page together with a comment to invite others to like our page.
- If you are not already on Facebook, simply leave a comment below, stating that you are interested in winning.
One person will be selected as the winner on March 17.
The person selected was Becky, who left a comment below. Congratulations Becky!