These are gift ideas and tangible momentos for you to keep, as well as cultural/faith diversity items that pertain to subjects within birth and bereavement.
We also have a momento list for older babies.
Just click here to see the momento list for older babies as well.
- place a birth and/or death announcement in your local newspaper so that you can keep that for your own keepsake
- create a birth or a death announcement (or both) in a postcard or other format
- you may like to make your own keepsake craft
- purchase a stillbirthday cake
- Find your baby’s birth verse for the day he or she was born
- blog about your story or in other ways reach out and share your experience
- spread the word offers a “Blog Button” and other ways to help others
- marking your baby’s name in or on something significant or special
- Sufficient Grace Ministries offers very small infant outfits (under the shop category)
- unofficial burial (including baby clothing and casket information)
- Miscarriage Blankets
- Special ways of using your photos including a photo reel, which may be special to siblings
- Embroidered Hankies
- The Comfort Company (marble pieces, windchimes)
- name a star after your baby
- Ethan’s Flame
- create a floating memorial urn
- light a floating lantern
- Molly Bears
- Keepsake Bears
- Heartbeat Bears (and other animals)
- create art (here’s a helpful site) as a special momento. If you’d like stillbirthday to feature your art, please visit our Beyond Words section.
- consider a Memory Painting by Cady or pregnancy and infant loss art by Beyond Words Designs
- consider a photo slide video honor your baby
- incorporate your baby’s birthstone into something
- special remembrance jewelry (see our list!)
- memorial frames
- Christmas ornaments
- Personalized Sleeping Baby (ornaments and more)
- additional keepsakes and comfort items
- Rock to Sleep paper designs
- making an unofficial Certificate of Birth as a momento
- attend a Stillbirthday Mothers Workshop
Special items that either represent or resemble your baby:
Especially for Fathers
- Birth Verse (bracelets and keyrings)
- The jewelry links at our Farewell Celebrations section has jewelry ideas that can be converted to pendants, key chains, or “dog tag” style items, that can include either the name of the baby or the baby’s birth stone.
- A special tattoo.
- Naming a star after your baby, and you could buy him a telescope as well.
- A special stone for the yard or as a keepsake in the house: Treasure Beans or Living Rocks or Alphabet Pebbles.
- Baby Boards by Misty are durable and simple
- Stillbirthday Fathers may be uncomfortable with the idea of keeping a momento of the baby, but would like to honor his baby in some way. Go to our online shop, where you can access HeBrews Coffee. You can order a bag of coffee for him to enjoy, and add the “contribute to stillbirthday” option, which adds $1 to your order, to help support stillbirthday.
- Information and support for older siblings.
Special items specific to unique culture, faith or other traditions:
Please visit our Long Term Healing for support specific to various diversity groups.
- Our Mothers Workshops feature a “Mother Roasting” that some cultures believe can positively impact both fertility and postpartum healing
- Our SBD Chaplains can officiate funerals, particularly “green/natural” funerals
- Fertility Jewelry by LaBelle Dame
- Baha’i Burial Jewelry
- Earth Craft Serenity has pagan spells
- German angel blessing charm
Please visit our Farewell Celebrations for even more ideas of things you can do and ways you can encourage others.