(go back to Farewell Celebrations)
- I Want Him Here
- A Tear Fell
- It is Well With My Soul
- My Little Garden Amongst the Stone
- Poems of a Grieving Mother (outside link)
- Poems from Grieving Parents (outside link)
- Baby Funeral Poems (outside link)
- Touched by Angels (outside link)
Please share your story or use the quick feedback form to share your special words.
- Sample Funeral Sermon for Infant Death
- 1 Samuel, chapters 1 and 2 (1 Samuel 1:11, 1 Samuel 1:16)
- John 12:1-8 (on the subject of an “elaborate” burial – attention to preparation for burial, funeral, mourning)
- Matthew 27 (God expressed His grief and mourning in elaborate ways – relates to us in our grief and mourning)
Music (opens a new window at You Tube)
- Angel Baby Lullabies
- Meditative Music for Healing
- I Want You Here – Plumb (parent to baby)
- I Know Who You Are – JJ Heller (bereaved or infertile parent to God)
- Holy Darkness (parent to God)
- Glory Baby-Mandy Mercer (mom to baby)
- Heaven is the Face-Steven Curtis Chapman (parent to God)
- Stronger-Mandisa (singer to the mom)
- Selah-I Will Carry You (mom to baby)
- Natalie Grant-Our Hope Endures (particularly for multiple pregnancy loss)
- Barlow Girl-Never Alone (mom to God)
- Kerrie Roberts-No Matter What (mom to God)
- Natalie Grant-Held (mom to others)
- Amy Grant-Better Than A Hallelujah (singer to mom)
- Laura Story-Blessings (mom to God)
- Mercy Me-Bring the Rain (parents to God)
- Your Hands-JJ Heller (mom to God)
- Mark Shultz-What it Means to Be Loved (parents to baby, adverse diagnosis)
- Gone Too Soon (dad to baby)
- Skillet-Lucy (parents to baby, particularly after feelings of guilt)
These have been provided by Whole Intentions
2 Corinthians 1:3- 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 86:15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.
Psalm 94:19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.
Psalm 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 46:1 …God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
Psalm 18:28 For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
Philippians 4:6- 7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Proverbs 3:5- 6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Romans 5:1- 5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Isaiah 55:8- 9 ” For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Psalm 62:7- 8 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah
Isaiah 26:3- 4 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. 4 Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.
Jeremiah 17:7- 8 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
Job 1:21 And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Psalm 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.
1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Psalm 32:10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure.
Job 42:2 I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.